Terms and Conditions
To place an order, simply click the Add to Basket button next to the product. Select the method of postage required, then click on 'checkout'. Enter your details on the form and select your payment method. You will be redirected to Paypal to make your payment.
If you prefer you can place you order over the phone (07554 451367) with a credit or debit can by calling phone number. Please note that as we are a family run business we may not always be available to answer the phone. If you get our answerphone please leave us a message with your name and number and we will aim to get back to you within 24 hours.
We accept instant secure payments through our website via Paypal. If you have a Paypal account you can use the express checkout. If you don't have a Paypal account you can pay with your credit/debit card.
Postage Charges and Delivery Information
When ordering please choose the delivery option that you require from the drop down list in the shopping cart.
At Little Possums we pride ourselves on our fast despatch, we don't like to keep you waiting!
All our orders are normally posted out the next working day after the order is placed (working days are Monday to Friday inclusive, we don't always post on Saturdays).
Postage costs may be a little higher due to the weight of the product/s ordered, we will always offer you the lowest possible price and for multiple items we may split the postage to keep the costs down where we can.
Please note that choosing UK Special delivery will NOT
mean next day delivery
We don't have standard options for postage listed to countries outside the EU, but we are able to offer this on a case by case basis, please get in touch if you would like further information.
If despatch of your order will be delayed for any reason we will contact you with an estimated delivery date. If you do not want to wait we will refund you instead.
Occasionally certain items are not held as stock, in this case the item will be shipped directly to you from our suppliers.
Occasionally parcels can take longer than usual to reach their destinations, this is particularly true during the Christmas period and over bank holidays. In most cases parcels will turn up within a couple of weeks.
If your order has not arrived when expected please check with neighbours to see if a parcel has been left for you, double check the postman has not left a card and also check with your local sorting office.
On the rare occasion that a parcel is lost in the post we will be able to replace it for you. However please note that Royal Mail will not consider first class UK items to be missing until 15 working days after the despatch date. For international orders they are not considered to be missing until 25 working days after the despatch date.
Little Possums is not VAT registered, so there is no tax included in our prices.
If you need to exchange your sling for a different size this can be arranged, as long as the one that you return is in a re-saleable "as new" condition.
Please print off and complete the returns/exchanges form and include that in the parcel.
Please note that you will need to pay the Post Office or courier to return the item you wish to exchange, but we do not make any additional postage charges for sending out the replacement item.
Returns and Refunds
Please read the terms below, then print off and complete our returns/exchanges form to include in your parcel.
We hope that you will be completely
satisfied with your purchase from Little Possums. However if you are
unhappy with your purchase you may return it for a refund within 28
days. Please return your goods in their original packaging with all the
When returning an item for exchange or refund we strongly recommend that you obtain a Certificate of Postage from your Post Office. If you have proof of postage you will be able to claim some compensation from Royal Mail in the unlikely event of your return going astray. Please ask in your Post Office for more information.
Damaged or faulty items
In the case of items being returned for a reason other than being damaged/faulty we are unable to refund postage costs and a small 20% restocking fee will be deducted from your refund. We will inspect the returned item(s) carefully. If they are not in a reasonable condition we reserve the right to deduct any cost we incur from your refunded amount.
Once your return has been processed you will receive an email to the address you gave at the time of ordering, notifiying you that you have been refunded. For ease of admin we process returns in batches, usually once a week but in busy periods it can take longer. Please allow up to 14 days for your refund to be processed.
We want to help you get the best out of your sling or carrier. If you have any problems or need advice about how to use your sling please contact us and we will do our best to help you.
Back to Top
Postal Hire is offered through Derby Sling Library, you will be agreeing to their terms and conditions.
Hire is for a two week period, you will be notified via email when your item will be dispatched, when it is likely to arrive and what the return date will be.
By inputting your details at the checkout you are acknowledging that you have read and agreed to the following terms and conditions-
- A refundable deposit of £30 will be charged for each item hired. The deposit will be held and returned once the item has been checked.
- All items will be checked prior to your hire to ensure they are in a in a clean and safe condition, however we cannot guarentee that the items will be mark or pet hair free.
- Charges for any damage beyond normal wear and tear will be deducted from your deposit and will be judged on a case by case basis. Should the item you hire be damaged beyond the point of safe use or should the cost of the damage exceed the value of the deposit we will take further steps to recover these costs from yourself.
- Should you fail to return the carrier on the agreed date, late fees will be charged at £1 per day which will de deducted from your deposit. If you feel your item may be returned late, please contact us to arrange to extend your hire period.
- Items will be considered lost and your full deposit retained if 14 days elapse without any contact from yourself. At this point you will be sent a final reminder and we will take further steps to recover the item and/or the full value of the item and any associated costs from yourself.
- Do not machine wash your hired item, we clean them all regularly according to the manufacturers instructions. Please only spot clean where necessary using plain water and leave to dry naturally. If you feel that items must be laundered during the hire period, please contact us first.
- All items will be supplied with usage instructions, it is your responsibility to farmiliarise yourself with these.
- Please take care of the item you have hired so it can be enjoyed by future hirers; no smoking whilst using the item; do not use your hired item to carry animals.
- Derby Sling Library accepts no responsibility for any loss or damaged the occurs whilst using your hired item.
- All items remain the property of Bob at Derby Sling Library at all times and all hires are subject to availability and at Derby Sling Library's discretion.Back to Top
Payment Plans allow you to spread the cost of your sling or baby carrier, there is a £30 non refundable deposit (£20 for items under £55 in total) to pay up front and you will also need to select and pay for your postage (also non refundable) when placing your order. We will then get in touch with you to discuss how you would like your payments to be made from there, before dispatching your carrier.
You will begin to pay the balance off 1 month after your deposit is paid (or sooner if you wish) and may then take a maximum of a further 3 months to make the full payment, but you can pay it off quicker if you wish. You can choose to pay the balance weekly or monthly to suit you and we will send you reminders of your balance to help you keep on top of your repayments.
There are no additional fees, charges or interest to pay if you choose to pay for your item/s in this way, we simply understand that carriers are expensive and spreading the costs can help people budget.
If after the 4 month period you have not paid off the balance in full, we will take further steps to recover the the outstanding balance from you. This may involve action up to and including court action and bailiff involvement. Obviously this would be an absolute last resort and we would encourage you to get in touch at any point during your 4 month period if you feel you are going to have difficulty making your repayments. We would much rather come to a mutually agreeable solution than take unnecessary action and cause you further financial difficulties.
To discuss a payment plan prior to ordering, please contact us
It is our policy never to sell or pass on your personal details to any other organisation, this includes your name, postal or e-mail addresses and the details submitted on the order form. The information on the order form is collected lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
At Little Possums we choose only to work with businesses and companies who have high ethical standards themselves; and whose manufacturing and business dealings are fair, honest and in keeping with our beliefs. We actively choose to support and work with other family run businesses as much as possible. Wherever possible we try to minimise the environmental impact of our business.
|designed and maintained by Glassraven web design|
© Copyright Little Possums 2004
West Midlands web design